PDA

View Full Version : Beginner looking for a project

nic3styles
09-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Hey all,

I am new to this site, and am enjoying exploring it so far. I'm active duty military, currently stationed in Japan. All of my family is back in the U.S. (Green Bay to Oshkosh, Wisconsin). I am looking to acquire a "project" car that can stay with family back in the states while I finish out my tour overseas. It would be a great project for me to go home to. I love the '87 Grand Nationals (don't we all), but I will gladly work with anything. I'm new to rebuilding cars, so if anyone is looking to offload a project that they could not pursue, or has a car that has been overgrown with weeds in their yard - that's what I'm looking to take off your hands. Not looking to spend a heap, as this will be a long haul project for me. Anything 1970-1987 which fits the bill would be great!

Thanks for reading!

-Tim :HI:

gsjohnny
09-29-2013, 09:37 PM
here's an idea for you. find a 64-67 or 78-84 wagon. make it a rear engine wagon. that will keep you busy for a while. :LAUGH:

MichaelGarrison
10-19-2013, 09:13 PM
you never mentioned what your budget is........ I have a 72 GS 350 for sale

jtroop
12-27-2013, 01:23 PM
1970 Stage 1 Four Speed Project Car
Documented by Wayne Roberts
58,000 miles which I would believe to be correct.
Seamist Green
Original black bench interior
Power steering, power brakes, am radio, tinted glass, rally ride control package, tachometer and gauges,
3.64 rear
No motor no trans
Car is super solid
Most all body work is done
Car comes with all mouldings,bumpers with brackets,headlight bezels,headlights,side marker lights,tailights,grill,and inner wheel wells.
Underside of car has been painted
Trunk floor has no rust
Correctly dated rebuilt 455 and transmission are avaliable for additional costs
Additional pictures upon request Attached Thumbnails

jtroop
12-27-2013, 01:27 PM
1971 Olds 442
I bought this car years ago from Jim Haas. Original 33,000 mile Southern car. Stored most of it life. Very clean. Floorboards are extremely clean except for a couple of small holes from a leaky heater core..
Car has pretty much every part to reassemble. Most of those parts have either been rebuilt or bought new.
Including matching numbers motor and trans. (Rebuilt)
A/C
Auto
PS
PDB
Interior is all original except for new carpet
Car was painted White a long time ago,should be Bittermist Cinnamon?
Has original W-30 parts to go along with it, red wheelwells,intake,air cleaner,ram air hood,emblems (will not sell separate)
Car needs paint and assembly.
Pics upon request.
Located in Cleveland Oh
Thanks