PDA

View Full Version : Detailing tires

Rick Henderson
01-26-2006, 07:53 PM
What do you all use on your tires. I found a product that has teflon on the label. I really like it as it goes on with a few squirts and puts a semi dull sheen to the tires. It is not greasy looking. Plus it doesn't allow dust to stick to it.

I wonder if you can cook the tires with it?:TH:

Andrew Skidmore
01-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Rick, I would have to say that I don't use anything but Meguire's tire gel. I have tried as many as I could get my hands on over the years and this one I think is the best IMHO. Coats nicely and has a really nice shine, not too bright. It can attract a little dust onto it, but it will even last through at least a week and a half in the rain. And that is saying a lot. I suppose thats my torture test here in the NorthWest. By the way Rick, whats the name of the product you are using now?

evil16v
01-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Rick, I would have to say that I don't use anything but Meguire's tire gel. I have tried as many as I could get my hands on over the years and this one I think is the best IMHO. Coats nicely and has a really nice shine, not too bright. It can attract a little dust onto it, but it will even last through at least a week and a half in the rain. And that is saying a lot. I suppose thats my torture test here in the NorthWest. By the way Rick, whats the name of the product you are using now?

ditto.. that meguires stuff lasts.... especially if it's sitting in the garage.

Skwee-G
01-27-2006, 07:02 AM
Mop & Glo liquid floor wax was recommended to me by the tire manufacturer. I apply it with a damp palm-sized sponge.
Dull gloss, nothing sticks to it. Doesn't take a real long time to dry. Does not turn the tires brown and has not damaged or altered the color of the red line.

69GS400s
01-27-2006, 12:06 PM
I just use the towel TufBuick buffs his head with in the morning at a Buick Event - the sheen lasts a whole year and never wipes off :ROLL: :PANTS:

Andrew Skidmore
01-27-2006, 01:36 PM
I just use the towel TufBuick buffs his head with in the morning at a Buick Event - the sheen lasts a whole year and never wipes off :ROLL: :PANTS:
ROFL.:LAUGH:

Mike Atwood
01-27-2006, 02:17 PM

:LAUGH: :LAUGH:

Jim Rodgers
02-10-2006, 05:46 PM
:DOU:

BignastyGS
02-10-2006, 06:09 PM
hmmmm....

jamyers
02-11-2006, 05:07 AM
"No Touch" for me...cleans 'em up well, doesn't attract dirt, turn them odd colors, and lasts.

philip roitman
02-11-2006, 12:37 PM
hmmmm....
Man what a picture to wake up to:DOU: :LAUGH: :LAUGH: :ROLL: