PDA

View Full Version : Oil Mod's and Oil Pump Mod's

JEFF STRUBE
01-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Let's talk about Oil Mod's that Racer's do to there Buick Engines and the Mod's they Do to there oil Pump's to keep the Bearing's a Live in there Buick Engines

Running
03-01-2006, 08:28 PM
:PANTS: :BLAST:

I guess no one has tried anything to their oiling system? I'm going with cam journal grooving and drilled bearings , along with a deep pan with traps. The pump will be the longer gear type I guess...

71stage1conv
03-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Stay away from the longer (high volume) gears.

evil16v
03-02-2006, 04:17 PM
yea the long pump rotors suck.... too much moad on th distributor gear. if you set up bearings right.... you don't need it. i will post what i have when i get the time. several different ways to go about these items and there will be much discusion about whats best... i don't have time right now.

10sec 455
03-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Stay away from the longer (high volume) gears.

Many people run the hi volume gears with the scavenger system "Jeff hart, Bobb Makley, Goeff ketchum etc".. I know I will on my new setup.

finishline
03-03-2006, 04:57 PM
We do run the long gears on the scavanger system. With the changes in the oils path it is much less restrictive and the volume of oil the lines will hold helps. I have not seen any excessive wear i the gears in fact I just changes the gear on my good motor this year and the has 4 years on it anyways. It had wear but not a lot just started looking like time to change. I will run the scavanger on the aftermarket block when it goes together.

Mike we will have to get together this summer at the track I run Mid Michigan most but I may start going to Martin they are trying to be more racer friendly. I live in hastings just south of GR. We have sevral race cars we run could be a good time.

Running
03-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Quick question as I was a chevy fan . What is the scavenger system and who makes it?

:BLAST:
Bobb, sounds good! I hang out with a friend who runs two Buicks - an '84 t-type like mine and a '87 GN, both with little turb's on them. Do you have a business in Hastings?

greatscat
03-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Use the SFI damper! after what you've spent it would be a shame to hurt it over a couple hundred bucks.The balancer will handle the harnonics much better than a stock one and theres no chance of the core slipping within the rubber.
gary

Running
03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Ok, the engine builder (MorePower) says it would be cheap insurance and some of you guys mentioned the good harmonic balancer would be better, so I'll shop around for the most promising SFI balancer. :BEERS:

I haven't had any problems with all the chevys I built (5 or 6) but I could have been lucky.

Thanks for the input.
Mike :BLAST:

alan
03-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Quick question as I was a chevy fan . What is the scavenger system and who makes it?

:BLAST:
Bobb, sounds good! I hang out with a friend who runs two Buicks - an '84 t-type like mine and a '87 GN, both with little turb's on them. Do you have a business in Hastings?

It's at the top of the page.

http://www.automachperf.com/oilsystems.html