PDA

View Full Version : 70 OW trans trouble

docgsx
02-24-2006, 12:54 PM
I have a 70 OW trans in one of my cars. When I drive above 55 mph for more than 2-3 minutes, the trans starts spraying fluid out of the passenger side and on to the header.

The fluid is not comming from the vent, I checked that. Someone recently told me the vent could be plugged up and it is causing increased pressure inside the trans. Then the fluid just sprays out of the weakest spot. Anybody have a clue on this?:CRAP:

If the vent is plugged, what is the best way to clear it and keep it clear? The trans was recently rebuilt by a reputable shop in my area. I took it back twice but they did not road test it.

Thanks,
Darren:RE:

71stage1conv
03-03-2006, 08:27 AM
In the vent tube, but if something is blocking it and you free it, then you obviously will have that crap floating inside your trans until the filter catches it.:CRAP: Ask Mark Deconti, I think he has a trans shop.:COMP:

71stage1conv
03-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Is that "OW" orginal to your 70 stage 1 car, like some 71 stage cars? I just have to check...:WINK:

docgsx
03-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Dan,

Thanks for the info. I might try to get a tube up in there this weekend and blow through it.

My stage 1 car has the matching # BB trans in it. The OW came in another car that I bought 10 years ago. I heard that the OW shifts the same as the BB so I put it in my 70 non stage car. The trans operates perfectly and smacks the gears HARD under WOT. Rubber in 2nd every time when I'm on the gas. But, driving normal, it shifts normal. That trans is the S**t except for the leaking.