PDA

View Full Version : Buick Race Day 2008

Roberta
12-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Buick Race Day 2008 Summit Motorsports Raceway (NORWALK)Friday, May 30 9-4, Test and tune, $30 Car/driver, $12 for Spectators

Saturday, May 31, All Buick Car Show, at Arbys, Norwalk, 11-2, 3PM awards$10/car, spectators free
Quick 16 and TSM/TSO Qualifying Runs During Time Trials at Summit Raceway Park
11 AM – 4PM - $30 Regular Race Program at 5 PM all welcome!

Also dinner buffet at Norwalk Eagles, 7:00PM, $20

Sunday June 1st, Buick Race Day, 18th Annual, For Buick powered only, Quick 16, Bracket races and 2nd Chance Race, etc.$30 pre-entry, $12 spectator, $40 day of race for car/driver.

Best Western 419-663-3501 Booking Code is BRD $89 for Thursday, for Friday and Saturday, $119 for Saturday only
All America Inn 419-663-1922 Same as above

philip roitman
12-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Looking forward to it. I am ready now:TU: Happy New Year :BEERS::YA::BEERS::TU:Roberta and all youse others:BEERS:PS I think we might be staying over for Pinks the next weekend. Any ideas of what to see or, where to go. (regional foods or especially some nice towns with interesting history. etc)

tufbuick
12-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Just marked it on my calander....you know I wouldn't miss that event !!!
Since I got a newer Suburban and fixed my trailer, I think I'll bring a car to race. :TU: :TU: :TU:

GKsGS400
12-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Just marked it on my calander....you know I wouldn't miss that event !!!
Since I got a newer Suburban and fixed my trailer, I think I'll bring a car to race. :TU: :TU: :TU:

No friggin way!! :GT:

Rick
01-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Just got off the phone with Best Western:
Under the booking code BRD for a double bed, ground floor, non smoking.

Thursday night: $53.96 + tax
Friday night: $89.96 + tax
Saturday night: $125.96 + tax

Will be there with both cars and doors that don't fly off:LAUGH:

TheFly
01-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Ill be there with a sleeping bag in the back of the wagon [if drinking or Ill drive the short distance home but not paying that. Unless I bring a girl who wont do it in a car with all glass ;) ]

Ill take donation to have me park near your stuff and keep it safe. Ill even keep the critters away by marking the terority ever hr.

Someone should call up and pretend to be on business, first ask for corp rates then say you'll need a room for 2-3 days. When you ask for corp rates they are often cheaper then any deal. Use that when in the sign business. Never paid more then $40 anywhere, even some fancy smancy places.

Rick
01-01-2008, 12:34 PM
No friggin way!! :GT:
hahahaha:ROLL:

tufbuick
01-01-2008, 01:33 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .which car will he bring ?

Roberta
01-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Looking forward to it. I am ready now:TU: Happy New Year :BEERS::YA::BEERS::TU:Roberta and all youse others:BEERS:PS I think we might be staying over for Pinks the next weekend. Any ideas of what to see or, where to go. (regional foods or especially some nice towns with interesting history. etc)

Well, there's Cedar Point Amusement Park, you could go to Summit Racing store, Doug will be going there anyway. Cleveland?? Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Roberta
01-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Just got off the phone with Best Western:
Under the booking code BRD for a double bed, ground floor, non smoking.

Thursday night: $53.96 + tax
Friday night: $89.96 + tax
Saturday night: $125.96 + tax
=$269.88
Will be there with both cars and doors that don't fly off:LAUGH:

THE CONTRACT SAYS:
$89 for Thurs, Fri Sat = $267+tax
$119 for Saturday only
You won't find anything much different do to Cedar Point except the Econolodge across the street which is privately operated. Coming soon, some more hotels across from Arbys, prolly not in time for this year's event.

Rick
01-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Not complaining Roberta, booked my room anyway at the Best Western. Kinda figured with the Park opening that weekend prices would jump. As for maybe a few dollars difference...usually when you get there that stuff is always hashed out. Bottom line is to get your room held before it's sold out.

Should be a blast, last year Randy showed me the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, though it was on Saturday morning about 7 am on our way to get a few windshields:LAUGH: Maybe this year I can actually visit the place.

TheFly
01-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh no I didn't think of that. That is a bad time to get a room.

Roberta
01-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Not complaining Roberta, booked my room anyway at the Best Western. Kinda figured with the Park opening that weekend prices would jump. As for maybe a few dollars difference...usually when you get there that stuff is always hashed out. Bottom line is to get your room held before it's sold out.

Should be a blast, last year Randy showed me the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, though it was on Saturday morning about 7 am on our way to get a few windshields:LAUGH: Maybe this year I can actually visit the place.

I know you are not complaining, it's the principle of signing a contract. Bill and I spent a couple of hours with these hotel people last month, in person, to try to get them to do what they are supposed to do, it's all part of the NORWALK EXPERIENCE, and we are trying to get that right with the hotels, they don't seem to give a rip! It's tough when there's no choices, I even thought about renting tents and camping at the Track, we can sleep well with others!!!!:YA::BEERS: But not until the grassy side has running water, next year or '09 for sure!

Roberta
01-20-2008, 09:22 PM
TTT
See updates!

Roberta
03-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Have you made your reservation yet????
TTT

mrgransport
04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Of course we have! Way it is going will only have 1 car there though. Tell Dave Roland that GM called and they are taking my truck back. Said thay are going to try to find why it smokes so bad. Hope so, I love the truck other than the smoking. Just hope they give me something to tow with while they have it. Racing season starts her next weekend. WooHoo!!!

Roberta
04-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Steve, glad you are coming to Buick Race Day, and more happy that they are doing something with your truck, I sent you an email tonight about the inner fender you need for your car, trying to entice you to be able to bring both cars to Norwalk, it wouldn't be the same without both your cars. Check it out!

Roberta
04-12-2008, 07:21 PM
ttt
Steve, inner fender went home with Turbo Dave today! For tig welding rat holes!