PDA

View Full Version : Steel braided tranny lines

TheFly
03-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Neither Jegs or Summit sells steel braided line that says for tranny use. They all say for gas and are rated for racing fuels.... All I find is disconnect tools.

Then when it get to syn ATF RedLine is the only one for a decent price.
$33-$38 a gallon, rest are all $99+

Where do I find steel braided line rated for tranny fluid???

BignastyGS
03-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Save your time and get twist lock hose and run it up through the frame.I had a set of braided line and they suck to put the ends on,so I went to Summit and bought twist lock hose(20') and the proper ends. I'd suggest 45's at the trans and a 3/8 x -4 AN fitting (or -6 an line at the most)then decide what you will need at the radiator or if using a trans cooler(highly recommended).

TheFly
03-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Ill be using hose barb fittings, putting the lines on them is easy.

The extra $50 for fancy ends can go into something else, like gas. Not gonna do it, unless someone want to buy them for me. Double hose clamps on each end is plenty with barb ends.

3/8 NPT brass hose barb fitting and 3/8 braided line is what I want but I can't find the line that says more then gas rated.

71GS455
03-15-2008, 11:30 PM
When the time comes to plumb my fuel system (already have the braided line), I'll be getting this kit: http://www.koultools.com/

No Lift
03-18-2008, 12:13 PM
I've used regular steel braided line for my tranny lines. -6 should be ok, it is somewhere between 5/16" and 3/8". Just use a good brand name. Most of the lines are rated for oil cooler so trans fluid is no problem. It is nice to use the correct fitting up at the tranny because it makes it easy to disconnect. 45* like BigNasty said works best. I've also used barbed fittings with clamps. Once they are on they don't like to come off the barb. The only thing to watch out for are the ends of the wire when it flares out after the clamp tightens. Pointy!