Thread: Race Reviews

Default Race Reviews

First: I would like to apologize to my bracket racers for screwing up the cut off for Bracket 1 and Bracket 2. The cut off was supposed to be 11.99 but when the tech guy asked me, I told him 12.99. I didn't realize it until several hours later and by then, it was just easier to go with the 12.99. After looking at the run sheets for the 2 bracket classes, I can't let that happen again! Bracket 1 was wayyyyyyyyyy bigger than Bracket 2! Again, my apologies to anyone that I may have confused!

Second: Finishline Furious Four! What else can you say! Thank you to everyone who tried to qualify and thank you to the 4 that put on a helluva good show! The race ran pretty good for a last minute thought and I was glad to see everyone ribbing each other and having a good time. This race will be tweaked and hopefully we can get more money for a bigger payout and maybe those "wicks" will get turned up even more!

Third: Thank you to the turbo heads up classes for being soooooooooo easy to work with! I wish there were more cars in all three classes, but it will be easy to post the race results now :)

Lastly: To ALL the racers: Congratulations to all of you. Even if you didn't make it to a second round....you are all winners. Your love for the sport and cars is what makes doing this event, so worth it to the BPG, and so many others!!

PS....I will be mailing out a couple more gift certs that I couldn't hand out at the track because I needed track information. I'll let you know who should be expecting an added bonus as soon as I go over the run sheets!

PSS...sorry in advance for any spelling or other name errors! I'm going by what the track gave me and please let me know if there's any mistakes!!!!!

PSSS...thanks to my husband for pairing up the BCO class on Saturday and the Quick 16 on Sunday. He's awesome sometimes :) and to my daughter, Britt, for helping out wherever she was needed for the weekend. Including video taping the Q16 elims so I could watch them when I got home! Thanks to Nancy and John for the watermelon, hot dogs and hamburgers, really hit the spot!
    Last edited by gs1970455; 08-01-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    Renee Moore

Renee you did a hell of a job this weekend...AS ALWAYS....I need to find you some help...#1 on my list

To all the Racers on behalf of the BPG I want to thank everyone...you were a great bunch of racers to deal with...The Finishline Furious Four was a huge hit...I was in the Tower when it all went down and they said it was one of the closest Races they have seen all year IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN....

Sorry I could not stay around till the end but I had to Fly back home....once again KUDOS to RENEE and the RACERS
    Sean Ryder

1987 Buick GN 11.55 @123 sold

1967 Buick Special Deluxe sold

1967 Buick Skylark 455 TH400 3:42 Rear...the "Taxi"

BCA# 45996

So who won the straps?
    Michael Garrison
    Topeka Kansas
    Midwest Buick Mafia
    BPG #1022 GSCA #411
    Why does it seem everyone has no time to do something right but they have time to do it twice????
    "The problem with Liberalism is that eventually you run out of other people's money"
    1970 GS Stage1 (wifes car)
    1970 GS 455-BUZILLA 535
    1970 GS BLOWN TUBE CHASSIS CAR
    1971 Skylark (for my baby girl)
    I repo parts email me for a list! :)

will let you know tonight Mike. We want to go through all the run sheets to make sure the right person gets the prize! There are a couple gift certs that I have to figure out tonight as well. Will have this info listed tonight and I will need some help getting addresses for these people :)
    Renee Moore