Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a heads up for all racers!!

Default Just a heads up for all racers!!

For the past several years you have seen me standing in the staging lanes from start to finish each day. This year I have made the schedule and will be handing it over to National Trails Staff to run. What this means is this: If you are running two classes, pay attention to the tower. You are going to have to be "on the ball" when classes are called. In the past I have been there (for the most part) trying to make sure that everyone is back before sending the next class. I've held classes waiting for people to make the lane call. I tried to make the schedule so that everyone who runs two classes can make the lane calls with some cool down time, but if you can't make a call with little cool down time, I would highly suggest you pick your favorite class and only run one. I can't guarantee that National Trails will hold classes for any double participants.

The track knows how to run the program, as they do it every week, but they don't give the special treatment or considerations that our club members have come to expect. This goes for all racers this year. Be ready to run, pay attention to the announcements, and if you can't hear your lane call, watch other racers around you to see who's in their pits and who's in the lanes. I would rather they have to send people back to their pits for coming up before their time, rather than have people miss their class call.

I'll still be at the head of the staging lanes for the most part, but for the first time since the event moved to Columbus, I will also be a participant! If you can't find me in the lanes, I'll probably be in our pit spot and I'm sure the track will give me a radio so I can still answer any questions that pop up!

It's getting closer and I'm getting more and more excited with each passing day. I'm nervous about making sure my car is ready, I'm nervous handing over a majority of the responsibilities to the track, and this will probably be the first time I get behind the wheel of a fast race car! I know that I'm forgetting things and I know that there will likely be "dead space" on the track and improvements that I should have made, but this is a very exciting time and I love it!

If anyone has any questions before the event please feel free to contact me at any point, and I'll try to get you the answers!

Remember: This is a race with big payouts, lots of competition, but most of all, this is about the friends we have and the friends we make! Lets all have a good time, win or lose :)

PS I would like to get pictures of all the race winners and runner ups this year for the build sheet, please keep that in mind! Also, maybe just a picture with all the winners together or their cars or both and then another with all the runner ups....just something fun for everyone to remember and cherish!
    Renee Moore

Thanks for all you do Renee! I hope these big boys and girls know how to race by now! You can't hold their hands forever. You did a damn good job all these years now the children will be on their own!

LOL John, guess I've raised them right and now it's time to move on :) Wow, I seem to have this problem with my daughters too!
    Renee Moore

I wouldn't know about daughters because I have two sons but that is another story for another day.

they let girly's race real cars ?
    Alan W

'69 GS400 Convert. "BigRed" 11.93 @ 113+

'68 SportWagon400 - 29,320 ORIGINAL Miles
    Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by gs1970455 View Post
    Lets all have a good time, win or lose :)
    Considering I just put an engine in my car last night I'll be happy if I can get all together and bring a car and not a lawn chair.

Worst case I did just inherit a Buick Lucerne I could drive up and style around in.
    Doug
    1968 Buick Special Deluxe that is neither special or deluxe,
    10.60@127 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quanuqlKza4
    1972 GS 350, 1967 Coronet 500.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by d7cook View Post
    Considering I just put an engine in my car last night I'll be happy if I can get all together and bring a car and not a lawn chair. Quit typing and start working!!! :)

Worst case I did just inherit a Buick Lucerne I could drive up and style around in.
    Style around in? Pfft...put that bad boy in Bracket 2 and the Charity Race and run the poo out of it! (if the other car isn't ready, which it better be) :)
    Renee Moore

Quote Originally Posted by gs1970455 View Post
    Style around in? Pfft...put that bad boy in Bracket 2 and the Charity Race and run the poo out of it! (if the other car isn't ready, which it better be) :)
    Ha. I don't think the Lucerne has 20,000 miles on it and I doubt it's ever been over 45mph.
    Doug
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ha. I don't think the Lucerne has 20,000 miles on it and I doubt it's ever been over 45mph.

Then I believe the time has come!!
    Renee Moore

Considering I just put an engine in my car last night I'll be happy if I can get all together and bring a car and not a lawn chair.

I'm trying to stuff an engine in my 66 Skylark so I can bring something other than a half empty trailer. My only backup is the golf cart at this point.
    Alan

Our Toys
    1986 Somerset drag car tube chassis 525 BBB
    1979 Nova soon to be BBB 4-speed Drag Radial street rod
    1972 GMC 396, auto
    1966 Skylark 340 4bbl daily driver. Soon to be BBB EFI daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by ss4825 View Post
    I'm trying to stuff an engine in my 66 Skylark so I can bring something other than a half empty trailer. My only backup is the golf cart at this point.
    I stuffed an engine in my car but it may cause an angry mob with pitch forks to gather around my pit.

Doug
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No angry mob Doug...just park next to me and we will kind of even things out! :)
    Renee Moore

Oh Alan, I was thinking about having a "golf cart" race on Saturday ... make sure you are ready for that too!
    Renee Moore

With the heat index at 105 needless to say not a lot of movement in the Yellow car garage.
    Alan

Our Toys
    1986 Somerset drag car tube chassis 525 BBB
    1979 Nova soon to be BBB 4-speed Drag Radial street rod
    1972 GMC 396, auto
    1966 Skylark 340 4bbl daily driver. Soon to be BBB EFI daily driver.

I stuffed an engine in my car but it may cause an angry mob with pitch forks to gather around my pit.

[/URL]
    Where are the "STAGE 1" Stickers
    Ted Nagel
    WILDCATS 'R' US