Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official BPG flier for our 2014 event

Exclamation The official BPG flier for our 2014 event

Feel free to copy, paste, print, and share with the world!
    BPGeventFlier2014.jpg
    Jim from Philly
    BPG Board Of Directors Member #2050
    Director & Pennsylvania State Representative for MAGNA
    86 Buick Grand National CF5 car. Stocker.
    87 Buick Grand National CC1 car. late build, low option car w/ all the typical bolt on goodies and Alky!
    89 Turbo Trans AM #396 CC1 Leather car. 30K original. Featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines. Feb. 06 issue #29

do we need to pre register or just show up?

just show up
    Sean Ryder

1987 Buick GN 11.55 @123 sold

1967 Buick Special Deluxe sold

1967 Buick Skylark 455 TH400 3:42 Rear...the "Taxi"

BCA# 45996

I may be there with my 77 electra 4 door limited

Cool! Looking forward to meeting you!
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Planning to attend, looking forward to it!
    Last edited by victorellis7t2; 07-11-2014 at 02:06 PM.

I have a question about the racing schedule. Will there be open testing and tuning both days (Friday and Saturday) mixed in with the eliminations or are they going to shut down testing and tuning for the remainder of each day once they begin eliminations?

Is there a racing schedule available?

The event schedule is here --http://www.buickperformancegroup.com...Event-Schedule

And yes, there will be open test and tune both days between eliminations.
    Denny Moore
    1968 Skylark Race car (10.27@ 129)

Foot brake racers think "outside the box"

I have a friend with a GN who would like to attend and do some testing and tuning on the track (probably no eliminations racing). He is concerned that he will get booted from the track if he runs faster than an 11.5 sec ET because he doesn't have a roll cage. Does anyone know if this track is going to strictly enforce NHRA roll cage rules at this event?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Fiero View Post
    I have a friend with a GN who would like to attend and do some testing and tuning on the track (probably no eliminations racing). He is concerned that he will get booted from the track if he runs faster than an 11.5 sec ET because he doesn't have a roll cage. Does anyone know if this track is going to strictly enforce NHRA roll cage rules at this event?
    If he runs that time or faster, yes he would not be allowed back on track. National Trails, since they are owned directly by NHRA, does strictly enforce the roll bar/cage rule. I wish I had better new for your friend as we would love for him to attend, but safety is first.
    Brad Conley. 70 GSX Prototype, 71 Black GSX, 87 GNX Prototype, 75 Skyhawk, 2 86 GN's, 72 Centurion Convert and a host of other Buicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Conley View Post
    If he runs that time or faster, yes he would not be allowed back on track. National Trails, since they are owned directly by NHRA, does strictly enforce the roll bar/cage rule. I wish I had better new for your friend as we would love for him to attend, but safety is first.
    Ok, thanks for letting me know, but I think that is going to be the deal killer for our small group. I know my Fiero certainly doesn't have the tires to run that fast but his GN is definitely that fast and he can't bring himself to pay $60 to be able to run one pass just to get booted with no refund.

But to be honest, we didn't know anything about this event until last Thursday when someone from BPG told me about it at the Auburn, Indiana cruise-in. It is just too short of a notice to make arrangements to be able to attend. Maybe next year.

Tell him to run 1/8 mile & let off. You can do the math from there. You can make laps at this event & get your car dialed in for the launch & be ready for your home track.

Excellent idea John! Can you tell I'm not a racer??? Let him make his "big run" the last one of the day.
    Brad Conley. 70 GSX Prototype, 71 Black GSX, 87 GNX Prototype, 75 Skyhawk, 2 86 GN's, 72 Centurion Convert and a host of other Buicks!

Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    do we need to pre register or just show up?
    MAYBE next yr. I live 9 hrs away and cant get Friday off from work.

That's what a real racer would do! Maybe by the seat of the pants it runs quicker than 11:50!