Thread: Wildcat factory two tone???

Default Wildcat factory two tone???

Hi all!

This is my first post on the forum! I have a 1965 Wildcat convertible. It?s currently a light resto-mod but I?m looking to put it back to all original. The car is currently some custom ferrari(ish) red color with a white interior and a white top. My ID tags and such under the hood indicate that it was a dark gray and black two tone from the factory? Obviously there is nothing wrong with the tag but I have never seen a two tone Wildcat (other than custom jobs) so I have no other evidence to substantiate this. I have a catalogue from 65 that shows all of the colors but it does not show what the two tone would have looked like. If anyone could shine some light on this issue for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dietzd66 View Post
    Hi all!

This is my first post on the forum! I have a 1965 Wildcat convertible. It?s currently a light resto-mod but I?m looking to put it back to all original. The car is currently some custom ferrari(ish) red color with a white interior and a white top. My ID tags and such under the hood indicate that it was a dark gray and black two tone from the factory? Obviously there is nothing wrong with the tag but I have never seen a two tone Wildcat (other than custom jobs) so I have no other evidence to substantiate this. I have a catalogue from 65 that shows all of the colors but it does not show what the two tone would have looked like. If anyone could shine some light on this issue for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Hello Dietz66-
    could you show the letters/numbers on the trim tag? 65 we did not have a dark grey, only Silver Cloud (Z) in the grey tone.
    There was not an option for 2 tone paint on the convertibles. On Coupes and Sedans the top could be painted or vinyl.

Here is a color chip chart for 65:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.asp...Buick-pg01.jpg

I look forward to seeing some pictures, and welcome to the site! I have several Wildcats in the garage.
    Ted Nagel
    WILDCATS 'R' US

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat_65 View Post
    Hello Dietz66-
    could you show the letters/numbers on the trim tag? 65 we did not have a dark grey, only Silver Cloud (Z) in the grey tone.
    There was not an option for 2 tone paint on the convertibles. On Coupes and Sedans the top could be painted or vinyl.

Here is a color chip chart for 65:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.asp...Buick-pg01.jpg

I look forward to seeing some pictures, and welcome to the site! I have several Wildcats in the garage.
    as of october the car has been off in storage because I dont have space in the garage for it in the winter. this means i cant see the trim tag but i remember that it was that silver cloud color and the black color. on the right hand side of the trim tag against the fire wall it had what i seem to recal was two seperate 2-digit letter or number combinations and in my repair manual for the car is said if it had two sets of those codes it was a two tone which didnt make any sense to me. hopefully that little bit of info is helpful for now becasue the car wont come back out till late april maybe even may. but I will attach a picture of it.

the image ive attached is an older picture. it appears like the back is sagging and it is becasue it had some rather tired rear suspension. That has since been mended and she ridin smooth as glass while haulin ass.wildcat.jpg

Same picture with my car :)
    Ted Nagel
    WILDCATS 'R' US

Ted, could the two tone trim tag be mentioning what color the convertible top is supposed to be?
    Freakin' Yardley
    1969 Riviera GS clone
    Stage1 462
    12.76@106MPH!!!

Editor - BPG Build Sheet

2008 BPG Nationals BCO Race Champion!

http://www.1badriv.com

jeff@the-comp-doc.com

Poon ain't worth it.

it would be a letter for the body color (Z for Silver Cloud) and a number for the convertible top color - 1 or 2 for Black or White
    For coupes and sedans the code usually is presented with 2 letters - even if they are the same- C-C is white all over.
    Ted Nagel
    WILDCATS 'R' US

Coupla nice cars there...
    Frank Brooks
    1966 Riviera GS

Now this is just my opinion. The color it is right now is the most sot after color combo going. Man, that car looks SHARP!!!!!

Tom T.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    465 Glenbrook Rd
    Stamford, CT 06906-1820
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads

"If I can't get it, you don't need it!"