Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BPG and Norwalk

After the way Norwalk Disrespected the BPG for the past two years, the LAST PLACE ON EARTH i will choose to spend my disposable income would be AT THAT TRACK at some DICK event, now that you've shown us who you really are and what you are after ($$$$). You come off trying to look like the golden tooth fairy but you methods are devious at best.

Have a wonderful day Mr. Miller

Oh .. and tell Bader he can suck an egg
    Alan W

'69 GS400 Convert. "BigRed" 11.93 @ 113+

'68 SportWagon400 - 29,320 ORIGINAL Miles
    Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Miller View Post
    So the real issue is that you let one event go without having in writing that it would happen anywhere else. Bad decision. Especally bad business decision for a business man. Negotiate, potential, or face to face, has nothing to do with a done deal. Now you want to take a thread that was going smoothly and turn it into your own personal bitch session. Boohoo. If this is the way you responded with Bill Bader I can see why he decided to turminate the Buick event. Still, this has nothing to do with me. Why are you trying to ruin this thread. None of this applies to the fact that I have an Olds event at Norwalk and have invited the Buick's to join us after their event was announced as canceled. I did that. Not Norwalk. You yourself announced that the event was cancelled 3 days before I posted anything about the invitation. I never said I was taking over the Buick event. I just invited them to join the Olds event.
    how can you negotiate a contract when you have no idea what expenses are...Bill Wills and Bill Bader were not forthcoming with any details on cost's..We did have meetings and we asked what would be expense to the BPG...and we were told it would be negotiated after the Norwalk Event...The BPG never cancelled the Event Norwalk did that. As far as bad business we have e-mails from both Bill Wills and Bader that the BPG would continue the event, but were told that NOTHING could be talked about until the rescheduled date.... when it was cancelled...nobody contacted the BPG we saw it on a Face Book Post.. and made the announcement...Your event is for profit and you want our members to attend with no benefit for the BPG...or its members except to get people thru the gate.... And to expect the BPG directors to contact you...as I said before you should reach out to them...I had suggested a Car Show at Arby's and that way the BPG could make $$ and Racer would attend event on Sunday...and as we were not directly supporting your event we could maintain our tax status....and maybe they would attend your show on Sunday...but it is beyond my control now, but I hope you see I have a vested interest in this club...
    Sean Ryder

1987 Buick GN 11.55 @123 sold

1967 Buick Special Deluxe sold

1967 Buick Skylark 455 TH400 3:42 Rear...the "Taxi"

BCA# 45996

Mr. Miller I for one thank you for the invite and hope it is still open to the Buick guys in July I'd love to come race my car. As far as all the EGOs here go, everyone wants to be in charge til its time to actually get things done. You kindly invites us to race with your group. a gesture you did not have to make, and most of us appreciate it. But like every where some people will always find something to whine about.. Sean I think a BPG car show on Saturday would be great that way its a 2 day event and more folks can justify coming. I know Norwalk screwed us on the event, and I applaud you for STILL standing up for the BPG. But don't let this opportunity go because The track screwed us.

Quote Originally Posted by gs462 View Post
    Mr. Miller I for one thank you for the invite and hope it is still open to the Buick guys in July I'd love to come race my car. As far as all the EGOs here go, everyone wants to be in charge til its time to actually get things done. You kindly invites us to race with your group. a gesture you did not have to make, and most of us appreciate it. But like every where some people will always find something to whine about.. Sean I think a BPG car show on Saturday would be great that way its a 2 day event and more folks can justify coming. I know Norwalk screwed us on the event, and I applaud you for STILL standing up for the BPG. But don't let this opportunity go because The track screwed us.
    Well said.
    Alan

Our Toys
    1986 Somerset drag car tube chassis 525 BBB
    1979 Nova soon to be BBB 4-speed Drag Radial street rod
    1972 GMC 396, auto
    1966 Skylark 340 4bbl daily driver. Soon to be BBB EFI daily driver.

I was looking for some clarification on the Q16 ......... The wording on the flyer could be interpreted as corporate power being allowed in a Buick/Olds body.

As for a car "show" ....... Most cars are out for your admiration after a pass. Just because the owner is not in a lawn chair next to them doesn't mean you can't check them out.

http://www.dickmillerracing.com/olds.../race2016.html
    GSK

70 'Lark
    10" tire car
    9.40's at 141+
    All motor,3375lbs

I would like the BPG to consider making this event their annual event. If anyone from the BPG organization would like to discuss this further please call me.

Thanks, Dick
    Wouldn't it have been nice if this was the way you initiated the whole idea ?
    Alan W

'69 GS400 Convert. "BigRed" 11.93 @ 113+

'68 SportWagon400 - 29,320 ORIGINAL Miles
    Never Give Up

I'll admit I'm probably older than most of you on here but I am embarrassed how you as adults talk to each other....of course behind a keyboard. I don't know your behind the scenes issues but I have been saying for a long time that Buicks will have to eventually combine with Pontiacs or a BOP type event in order to be able to continue our get together. In spite of the fact that this man is for profit, I think it was nice of him to make the offer regardless of what you think his motives are. If people don't want to race with them because it's a for profit event, then they don't have to participate. The GS Nats is a for profit event and it's still well attended. My question to the Olds group would be what are the payouts and classes. Now for me to drive 7 hours (one way) I too would like to see a two day event to make it worth while. Good Day Everybody...
    Joe
    Race Coordinator
    Chicagoland Buick Club

Thanks for several kind comments. Just go to dickmillerracing.com for payout details. Then tell me if you think it's what you would expect for the first year. Of course I'm doing it for a profit even though there isn't any. If I didn't have a business to write it off as advertising there wouldn't be an event for the Olds either in 2016. Instead of giving it up I have invited the Buick's and Cadillac's and more than doubled the purse from last year. Like I said here several times show me the cars and I'll look into making it bigger and better. Plus, you're probably not older than me.

Quote Originally Posted by 69GS400s View Post
    Wouldn't it have been nice if this was the way you initiated the whole idea ?
    Now I know you're just pulling this stuff out of nowhere. The things you keep saying don't even make sense. But it does show where a few of you are coming from. Because you didn't get your event to run and be in charge of you want all the other members to be as miserable as you make yourself. Pity!

Now I know you're just pulling this stuff out of nowhere. The things you keep saying don't even make sense. But it does show where a few of you are coming from. Because you didn't get your event to run and be in charge of you want all the other members to be as miserable as you make yourself. Pity!

wow DICK, you sure do know an awful lot about our event without talking to any of the BOD's. How is it that you know there isn't going to be an event when it hasn't been announced anywhere? I guess you have some kind of super powers that can predict the future? I just want to throw out the fact that we have been, and are, in discussions with several tracks to get the best possible venue for our club members. Everything we do is for our members and not just for the money. Just because Norwalk is out of the picture doesn't mean that it's the end of the BPG. Gotta love all the assumptions going on here!
    Renee Moore

it kills me we are all going to do this arguing **** again dick we will be at your event with two cars and if the bpg has an event we will be there also. same old **** nother year
    Bobb Makley
    proud member of
    Finishline motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Kubisch View Post
    I was looking for some clarification on the Q16 ......... The wording on the flyer could be interpreted as corporate power being allowed in a Buick/Olds body.

As for a car "show" ....... Most cars are out for your admiration after a pass. Just because the owner is not in a lawn chair next to them doesn't mean you can't check them out.

http://www.dickmillerracing.com/olds.../race2016.html
    The Q16 will be run as the rest of the race portion of the event. Buick or Olds power in any body or Buick or Olds body.

Quote Originally Posted by gs1970455 View Post
    wow DICK, you sure do know an awful lot about our event without talking to any of the BOD's. How is it that you know there isn't going to be an event when it hasn't been announced anywhere? I guess you have some kind of super powers that can predict the future? I just want to throw out the fact that we have been, and are, in discussions with several tracks to get the best possible venue for our club members. Everything we do is for our members and not just for the money. Just because Norwalk is out of the picture doesn't mean that it's the end of the BPG. Gotta love all the assumptions going on here!
    Maybe I just keep on top of things that apply to me. The Buick event was announced as canceled well before I invited Buicks to my event.

It doesn't matter to me if you have another BPG event. I hope it works out for you. It will have no bearing on my event at the finest track in the country. Myself and the Olds community are simply inviting the Buick's to join us and I was looking for some good feedback here which would provide some additional cars. I think I have done that regardless of a few people here that are still trying to ruin my event. Not sure what your real problem is but if you don't want to come, don't. I've tried to be positive here with my invitation to the Buicks. Seems like if you're only in it to help the BPG you could graciously also be positive.

As far as having a car show somewhere on Saturday, that is removing cars from the track. If the turnout at the track isn't great for the Buick's the Olds event will still go on. If it is better, then I will consider making it bigger and better than it is.

Why would it take cars away from the Track on Sunday? Most car show guys love to show their cars and would most likely attend both car shows. Some of our members do both race and show which has always been hard to do at an event Buick or other. The BPG holds its own car show on Saturday you hold your event on Sunday. The BPG maintains it's tax status and brings racers and cars to the track Sunday as well as all the spectators. Making it a 2 day event would also encourage people to attend. I know it would make me want to go. I can show my Car on Saturday and worry about racing on Sunday. This way both groups benefit from your event. I had suggested this before in an e-mail and you rejected. I just want to make sure you understood that this way the BPG supports your Event indirectly so to speak. As far as I know the BPG will host an event in 2016 and I am sure the BOD's would reach out to your group and invite them to attend.
    Sean Ryder

1987 Buick GN 11.55 @123 sold

1967 Buick Special Deluxe sold

1967 Buick Skylark 455 TH400 3:42 Rear...the "Taxi"

BCA# 45996

Because we have a car show at the track on Sunday. Are the same show cars going to show up Saturday and Sunday?