Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BPG and Norwalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Miller View Post
    The Q16 will be run as the rest of the race portion of the event. Buick or Olds power in any body or Buick or Olds body.
    So BBC/corporate power is allowed in the Q16 as long as it's in a Buick,Cadillac or Olds body?
    GSK

70 'Lark
    10" tire car
    9.40's at 141+
    All motor,3375lbs

Because we have a car show at the track on Sunday. Are the same show cars going to show up Saturday and Sunday?

I would...but be racing...I looked back at records and we had 119 Show cars pay to attend our Show...that does not include the BOD's cars and those that just wanted to join in the fun...I think the owner of the Arby's counted 135 car cars not including the parts vendors...which you have not addressed...although Buick is a small brand there are a number of vendors that still cater and show up...The BPG can bring a lot to this event...but it is not my decision anymore...You need to contact those involved...I can only do so much...BPG could do 2 events...a car show at your event and their own program...at their own event...
    Sean Ryder

1987 Buick GN 11.55 @123 sold

1967 Buick Special Deluxe sold

1967 Buick Skylark 455 TH400 3:42 Rear...the "Taxi"

BCA# 45996

I have told you several times. it is my event. For this year it is what it is. The Olds event inviting Buicks. You can hold a car show in Norwalk of course. We can fight each other and see what happens. However both will get hurt. If you succeed all you will ever have is a car show off the track property and nothing for the race cars. If I succeed there will not only be a great place for a car show but also a place for race cars. I have also said earlier I will expand the event as the car count warrants. Can you do that in Norwalk. All you are doing is your best to sabotage my event so that things don't happen for the Buicks. You could easily support this event so that all works out for the best. You could have your show somewhere else on another weekend. Weren't you one of the ones saying due to the fact the BCOA Nationals being the next week you would be going to Allentown instead of Norwalk. Now you want to have a car show the same weekend in the same town. So much crap. So a car show is ok but a race can't be made by racers. We can do it any way you want. I feel the Buick's can see thru your selfishness and crap and attempt to ruin a possible great event.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Kubisch View Post
    So BBC/corporate power is allowed in the Q16 as long as it's in a Buick,Cadillac or Olds body?
    Cadillac's are not allowed in this years Q16. It's the 8 fastest Olds against the 8 fastest Buicks. On a ladder. #1 Buick against #8 Olds etc.

Maybe I missed something , but Dick is being drug thru the coals for inviting Buicks to his event to which he's not holding a gun to anyone's head to attend just a simple invitation to go pick on some Oldsmobubbles?? I don't care about the show mess myself I use my car not look at it and wipe it down every 10mins

I have told you several times. it is my event. For this year it is what it is. The Olds event inviting Buicks. You can hold a car show in Norwalk of course. We can fight each other and see what happens. However both will get hurt. If you succeed all you will ever have is a car show off the track property and nothing for the race cars. If I succeed there will not only be a great place for a car show but also a place for race cars. I have also said earlier I will expand the event as the car count warrants. Can you do that in Norwalk. All you are doing is your best to sabotage my event so that things don't happen for the Buicks. You could easily support this event so that all works out for the best. You could have your show somewhere else on another weekend. Weren't you one of the ones saying due to the fact the BCOA Nationals being the next week you would be going to Allentown instead of Norwalk. Now you want to have a car show the same weekend in the same town. So much crap. So a car show is ok but a race can't be made by racers. We can do it any way you want. I feel the Buick's can see thru your selfishness and crap and attempt to ruin a possible great event.
    I apologize... yes my ego was hurt with Summit pulling the plug on an event in 2016 that we had discussed With Bader and Bill wills and felt your invite on our post about not having an event at Summit was inappropriate. I am sorry. I was just hoping that the BPG could host a Buick Car Show the day before and that way BPG members can see we are involved and the BPG Racers will have an event to go also. This way you get your bodies thru the gate Race and Show day and the BPG can make some $$ too by assisting you indirectly with car and spectator count. If you could please post a new thread in the Events Section inviting Buicks to the Event.. I wish your event well but as it is only one day and a 1000 mile round trip for me I will have to respectfully decline your invitation.
    Sean Ryder

1987 Buick GN 11.55 @123 sold

1967 Buick Special Deluxe sold

1967 Buick Skylark 455 TH400 3:42 Rear...the "Taxi"

BCA# 45996

Quote Originally Posted by gbsean View Post
    I apologize... yes my ego was hurt with Summit pulling the plug on an event in 2016 that we had discussed With Bader and Bill wills and felt your invite on our post about not having an event at Summit was inappropriate. I am sorry. I was just hoping that the BPG could host a Buick Car Show the day before and that way BPG members can see we are involved and the BPG Racers will have an event to go also. This way you get your bodies thru the gate Race and Show day and the BPG can make some $$ too by assisting you indirectly with car and spectator count. If you could please post a new thread in the Events Section inviting Buicks to the Event.. I wish your event well but as it is only one day and a 1000 mile round trip for me I will have to respectfully decline your invitation.
    I accept your gracious apology. Thank you, Dick

So Buick people! Do you feel you can get 100 or more racers to challenge the Olds people? We all now have a few colder months to get our cars read for 2016 racing. Lets see what you Buick people can bring to Norwalk!

I plan to be there with something even if it's only a smile.
    Alan

Our Toys
    1986 Somerset drag car tube chassis 525 BBB
    1979 Nova soon to be BBB 4-speed Drag Radial street rod
    1972 GMC 396, auto
    1966 Skylark 340 4bbl daily driver. Soon to be BBB EFI daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Olds468 View Post
    So Buick people! Do you feel you can get 100 or more racers to challenge the Olds people? We all now have a few colder months to get our cars read for 2016 racing. Lets see what you Buick people can bring to Norwalk!
    Man, although I love your enthusiasm, I sure wouldnt hold my breathe about getting 100 Buicks there to race with the circumstances being what they are. Im personally on the fence about going (but im on the fence with every buick event as well this year the way things are panning out...), but if my car's running ok and has a few upgrades I need complete, I'll definitely strongly consider coming. Just for curiosities sake, what was the car count last year for both race cars and show cars at this event? Trying to gauge how big the event is.

Quote Originally Posted by sriley531 View Post
    Man, although I love your enthusiasm, I sure wouldnt hold my breathe about getting 100 Buicks there to race with the circumstances being what they are. Im personally on the fence about going (but im on the fence with every buick event as well this year the way things are panning out...), but if my car's running ok and has a few upgrades I need complete, I'll definitely strongly consider coming. Just for curiosities sake, what was the car count last year for both race cars and show cars at this event? Trying to gauge how big the event is.
    Dick Miller would have the most accurate counts. I believe there was 130 race cars, maybe 20 show cars, many people that did not race or show but just showed up. Saturday night is the ROP bash (Realoldspower.com), it is a pot luck meal. We have grills going and everybody brings drinks, meat or and a dish to pass, the food in 2015 took up 5-6 picnic tables. It's a great time to talk face to face to the people you chat with on the forum. The Olds folks don't want to see this event disappear like so many events are. It would be great if a good contingency of Buick's could make it. This would give Dick confidence to put together a larger program for 2017. One year Dick rented the Track for Friday for and Olds Test and tune, Norwalk had their normal Sat. program then the Olds event on Sunday. All it takes is enough of us to get there and make this happen. I have a bunch of work to do on my car and it is 12F outside, so as soon as it gets back to 32+ I need to get in the garage. I hope to see a bunch of Buick's @ Norwalk in July, it will be a great time!

don't know if this is the right place but Dragway 42 has been building a new facility supposed to be awesome never beem there myself don't know exactly where it is but supposed to open this summer bet they would be happy to our clubs business

OK, I've waited for this thread to get civil before I put my 2 cents worth here. I'm going to reserve comment on the Bader's business model because it is my home track and want to still enjoy my Wednesday nights there. That being said, I'm glad most everyone has realized that Mr. Miller's invite is the best we are going to get this year. If you don't want to attend that's fine; it will probably rain anyway :( After what Summit did to our event I'm sure the Olds guys are just as concerned it seems they don't bring in much of a crowd either. So I believe the attempt to have us join them is maybe a bit self serving to boost attendance for his event so they don't get the axe but its just business and a day of racing without having to deal with Mustangs and LS swapped Chevys will be nice. I'd rather have a Buick/Olds event then see both marques go down in flames. I may be wrong but I think as we and are cars get older there seems to be less interest in racing and more in restoration based on the size of the Buick show fields I've seen lately. As for Dragway 42 I wouldn't hold my breath. If you follow them on the web the whole thing has been a big hot mess.

Jerry

don't follow just an idea to hang out with other buicks will attend the olds invite either way

Quote Originally Posted by 2stg14spds View Post
    don't follow just an idea to hang out with other buicks will attend the olds invite either way
    It's a great idea. If they ever get that track together we should get a regular Buick hangout started. We have lots of members within an hour or two from the track. From what I've seen it is going to be a really nice place to race.

Jerry