Thread: 1989 LeSabre carburetor repair question

Default 1989 LeSabre carburetor repair question

Hi folks, I am new to your forum, and this is my first post. I've got an old good 1989 LeSabre, it is 3.8 L V6. And now something's wrong with the carburetor, so I decided to try repairing it first, and if it won't help, then I guess will have to grab a new one. Wanted to ask you folks whether any of you tried out those Hygrade repair kits from Standard (that is the brand)? As I am kinda concerned that I've never heared that name, yet it is important to get the stuff working properly. As I'd prefer do one repair and forget the problem. Any experience with these guys?

Okay, I decided to give them a try, cause that seems to be the only option available for my vehicle (https://www.carid.com/carburetor-repair-kits/)... Will give it a try anyways, and will let you folks know how it works. In any case, even if it's no good, there is always an option of checking local junk yards for a used carb to grab the pieces I need....
    Last edited by JimD75; 02-10-2017 at 04:30 AM.

I was unaware that an 89 LeSabre was carbureted. Can you snap a photo of the carb?
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Smartin View Post
    I was unaware that an 89 LeSabre was carbureted. Can you snap a photo of the carb?
    You are correct Adam. By 1989, all LeSabre's were fuel injected and carburetors were not used in any application. Maybe a typo and the OP meant "1979" instead of "1989".
    Brad Conley. 70 GSX Prototype, 71 Black GSX, 87 GNX Prototype, 75 Skyhawk, 2 86 GN's, 72 Centurion Convert and a host of other Buicks!