Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1967 350 SUPERCHARGER STREET PROJECT

made a new linkage with offset for carb. works good. use some scrap metal for carb spring. will make a nice part later. upper hose is still a problem. more thought on that. a lot of little issues. but enough of it together to get it to pop off today.
    "help support commerical viability of bovine aviation"

Well she runs! Still need some fine tuning and buttoning up. But sounds good. Need to configure an upper hose and what to do about a fan.

it runs now, but timing is still off. not much room for moving the dizzie. installed the original fan w/o a shroud. have some other ones that will be modified to fit. not happy how the balancer and pulleys run. crooked. will put them on the lathe to see where the issue is.
    we did take it out around the block. seems to have more power, but wondering if the hot day today was an issue. wait for a cooler day. think I will change to a smaller blower pulley too since this is a low comp engine. thankfully we have a spare hood. need to cut a big hole for the s/c.

ran this balancer/pulley setup on the 73 and dragster. never an issue being out of round. made some minor changes. sometimes it runs straight, sometimes not. may have to do a new.

we went to a local car show sunday. plenty of non normal cars which was great. just happened to be there was an original 1972 stage 1, 4spd, silver gsx. real nice car. local guy and the car was from the area. never seen or heard of it before when I used to keep track of them years ago.

aaah, Friday the 13th. can't ask for anymore than that. I remember one Friday the 13th long ago that didn't end well. LET'S MAKE IT 2 TIMES.

john put on the balance and pulleys. watch them running today. finally straight. I took the car out to see how it would run with the smaller blower pulley. slug down low. then it dawned on me that the stuff doesn't really kick in till 3500. ok, ran 1st up to 5k and 2nd to 5k, shifted to 3rd and heard a pop. thought maybe it didn't like the q/jet. did it again, heard another pop. stop sign, rev it up a little. smoke out the back. damn.
    back at his house, moved the car in the garage. puddle under the car. damn. pulled the plugs. #2 and 7 had water coming out. looks like intake and h/g's need changing. maybe too much boost. will go back to bigger pulley.

I may as well chime in because I don't want to see you popping more head gaskets at Cecil in September. Ponder this: What kind of atmosphere do you have under a positive blower? Pressurized. What kind of atmosphere do you have under carb mounted under a positive blower? VACUUM! and I believe this to be true even at WOT. What keeps a power valve closed? Vacuum. What would keep a secondary pulloff closed? Vacuum. Lean out, head gasket POP! So what I'm getting at is unless you've come up with a workaround for the vacuum problem toss the Q-Jet. If you were a glutton for punishment you could probably jet down and get rid of the power rods completely after calculating what jet you would need without the small end of the rod in the jet. Just jet for power and forget cruise mode. Right now it is probably pulling the thick part of the rod into the jet at WOT(vacuum) going very lean. Get rid of the secondary pulloff and wind the spring up a bit.

Better yet put a nice Holley 750 DP(mechanical secondary) on there either with the power valves blocked and the carb jetted up for power or modify the power valve channel to get your vacuum signal to the outside of the carb and plumb it to the intake. Of course you could always pop the carb off the rail but who knows what has been done to that? All that stuff may be too much for you since I believe I mentioned it to you before on the rail and you may or may not have changed a jet once on it. Imagine how fast it would be if you got a correctly modified carb on there.

Since the blower will be coming off you'll have a good opportunity to get it right. As a last resort you could always "Hold the umbrella while the boy swaps the carb."

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...tor-for-boost/

http://www.motorsportsvillage.com/modifycarb.html
    Mike Pesarchick
    BPG #1572
    NE GSGN #XX
    GSCA #8
    Texas Mile 164.4 MPH
    1976 Century 455

long delay in replying. my fault.

the carb issue is the kid's. he wants the q-jet. other issue is definitely too small of a cam. the s/c just becomes a visual toy.

had to replace both h/g's from my beating on it. he needs to redo the intake gasket come winter, minor rail leak. all in all, it runs
    ok. just need to finish cutting up the spare hood and find a scoop that will look like it belongs on it.
    wonder what the gas mileage will be.....lol

the engine will be coming out this winter. a few items need to be corrected for daily use with the supercharger. probably use the 30 over pistons/rods we had in the original race engine. going to finish the 350/455 s/c intake for the dragster and use the current intake for the 67. that should be a lot better.