Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1967 350 SUPERCHARGER STREET PROJECT

Default 1967 350 SUPERCHARGER STREET PROJECT

well the kid apparently can't get enough s/c in his life. the dragster just ain't enough.

the project/patient is the 67 special. the 340/auto kind of wore and was replaced with a 350/4spd. the 350 has a mild cam and a t/a dual plane. the d/p will be replaced by the b&m s/c that was on the dragster.
    a poston intake, because it has a large flat surface, will be re-opted for the b&m. ordered a chunk of aluminum for mating the two parts.
    did some preliminary checking with the intake and s/c and found that I forgot how I had the s/c located on the engine. sucks getting old. will have to find some pictures, if there are any, of how I did it.

stay tuned. the kid will provide pics.
    "help support commerical viability of bovine aviation"

I like it!
    71 GS 350,.030 over,forged, 2004r ,410 posi,T/A intake, 830 Holley, TA roller cam, rockers, valves, ported heads, balanced, hooker supers with flow 50's thru N-25'S , F41, platnum mist with blk top and interior, pwr seats & windows, cruise. Fun street car.
    Owned it since 1976.
    Roller Cam Vid.........https://youtu.be/XOOTINTA1DA

New 3/8 line sending unit installed.

now that the dragster is up and running, I can concentrate on getting this project started and finished. only problem is I have to bend over on the fenders unlike the dragster with the engine out in the open and easily worked on.

Now we'll see how much that 350 can take! Rock on.
    Guy Fox BPG 1674
    71 Skylark 355
    13.50 avg. on motor 1.90 60ft. 99 mph
    11.81 on 125 shot Nitrous 1.64 60ft. 114 mph
    Justa Singleplane and a 75 more shot from 10.99...

Nitrous run with 75 shot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Jqj...ature=youtu.be

took the hood off so I can work and lay it all out. found my boxes of stuff from the last time I did this trick with the b&m s/c. had to remodify the harmonic balancer and spacers. drilled and tapped holes for the s/c plate that bolts on the intake. now have to put it back on the engine and layout the s/c bolt pattern and hole. looking at this setup on the 73, I may have to go over to the kids house and see if we have location issues on the 67.
    bought a kinsler fuel injection 3 pc setup by mistake. it does look impressive on the engine. anybody familiar with these?

this bending over and standing at the car or at the bridgeport is killing my knees and back. advil and gin are not doing a good job killing the pain.

intake and plate back on engine to locate the s/c. drilled and tap holes for the s/c. just have to cut hole in the plate. the hole won't be as big as the sbm d/q intake. but enough to get some fun out of it. eyeball mockup seems like all will fit in the 67 with minimal issues. 67 has a mechanical throttle linkage. john found a cable style for chevelle's to use. hopefully it works.

finished the intake and plate. the s/c hole is not full length due to limit of intake hole, but should work ok. now 'the kid' has to do his part in assembling it all. wonder what he will break first......

going to try to stay with the oem carb linkage. have to make a new rod setup to the carb. also have to make up a new t/stat housing to go around the dist and blower shaft and will have move bypass hose pipe over on to the intake. just minor set backs.

if this was a little cheaper there would be a set here for the 350. would go good with the s/c.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GM-LS...oAAOSwTPRaq7ns

They almost look like a bolt on but I know you would have to modify some.

This is going to be interesting when you get this running which I hope is soon. make those ding dongs on the other channel look dumb messing around for 10 years waiting for parts and collecting them and here you are, Bam! I am running, with a S/C no less. lol

Taking the rail back to the track anytime soon? Need to set that record.
    Guy Fox BPG 1674
    71 Skylark 355

there a bunch of interesting new rocker arms out there. fairly cheap. but as always, modify to fit for us. kid has a new phone and can't download pics to here. beyond my tech. lol
    dragster run....it is a $200.00 day every time we go. tough on s.s.i.

At200$ you do have to pick your day to go the gas alone costs a bunch let alone all the other stuff you must buy to race. Probably why I am not there yet.
    Guy Fox BPG 1674
    71 Skylark 355