I haven't been around in a few years. I got playing with motorbikes and the Buick got ignored.
My project for this winter is to bring the old Stage1 back close to stock yet I still want to run 12's.
Here's what I have right now:
- '73 455 block 0.030 over decked to 0.00
- 9.7:1 real compression
- mild port on stage 1 heads
- M/T headers, 2.5" exhaust
- B4B, 850DP Holley
- Postons 110 cam
- 2600RPM convertor
- 3:42 gears
Best time 12.20 @ 110, 1.71s 60 ft.
Here's the plan:
- Stock exhaust manifolds, little bit of hoggin'
- same block and heads
- 1800RPM "Saturday Night Speacial" convertor
- Stock intake, stock Stage1 Rochester
Now here's the question:
I want a cam that will keep me in the 12's yet have "near stock Stage1" manners. I want very little lope and good low mid range torque.
I've read all Postons and TA's desricptions but I'm lookin for some input from the "seat of the pants" experts.
70 Stage 1
Vernon BC Canada