Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: OUR LITTLE 350

well that computer your typing on has a thing called a cd drive in it.you put the cd in it and it will most likely automatically come up. then you can print out everything with a bunch of paper. so you can have your lo tek solution. or you can do what my dad does and get your son to do it for you.

Johnny, I was lookin back and realized you asked what I want to build. I have two projects short term and long term. the short term is my 72 GS I have had since high school I'm 45 now. I spun a the #5 and#6 rod bearings in it 5 or 6 years ago and with kids girlfriend my bad health etc.. it has taken this long to get it in the shop and tear it back down and find the problem. Its the same old oiling issue I built it when I was a sr. in H/S and didn't know all the mods to do. Project #2 350 engine and trans from a 68 skylark I bought as a parts car 20 years ago. I want to build something like you guys are doing with nascar rods, stroked 0.10, aggressive head work, I found myself a nos set of forged trw 0.020 over pistons, and I'm thinkin I might go either twin turbo or belt driven super charger. don't know what c/r I want yet or even if im going to go power adders or not. I just know I want to make power and I want to build the thing where the bottom end can reach its maximum potential what ever I decide to do. A lot depends on what body I find to put it in. if its heavy I will go power adders. if its light ill go with higher compression n/a the other thing that matters the most is what I am able to do intake wise and what ever develops head wise.

Johnny, I know nothing about the v6 motor. Do you think there is real potential there to make a set of heads to fit the 350 that will vastly out perform what we have available now?

the cd sits on the desk. will have to ask john to do something with it.

i scrounge a lot, i read a lot of what's is out there. food for thought. but i try only do one project at a time. sometimes i will buy other stuff while i am on a project just for f u t u r e projects. and it sits there. the v6/v8 idea is on the back burner. i was offered some heads, but the money wasn't there. i've planned most it out in my head. that part is done, just need the heads.

building the 350 for strength requires you look at the block, look thru the block, think how the engineers did it(from 68-80), etc. i would call it progression. people say 68/9 are good blocks. ones i have are not. theory; as the years progress, things usually get streamlined and made better. but you really have to look at the block. there is always a monday block. cranks are a lot easier. machine shop can throw them up on their machines to check them out. heads; do them ONCE correctly, there lifelong. blocks are ususally not. so far i've been lucky. maybe the 4-71 will........

power adders; i like the simple stuff. the less hardware to make h/p the better. how much overall money do i spend? all you have to do is look at some of the engine bay pictures. if something needs to be fixed, how much junk do i have to take off to get to it? that's why i prefer a blower. defianetly neat looking but requires an intake that you have to make. c/r wise, ours is 9.5. maybe too high, but trying to compromise between 2 worlds.

whatever you will cost money. but if you BUILD IT RIGHT the first time, it will last a long time. i don't think i have answered all your questions. i ahte to type.
    none of this is rocket science, just plain common sense.
    "help support commerical viability of bovine aviation"

You need to save this no one else has done what you did to this motor in this thread.

Build it right the first time and it will last

Well Spoken
    Guy Fox BPG 1674
    71 Skylark 355
    13.50 avg. on motor 1.90 60ft. 99 mph
    11.81 on 125 shot Nitrous 1.64 60ft. 114 mph
    Justa Singleplane and a 75 more shot from 10.99...

Nitrous run with 75 shot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Jqj...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Fox's Den View Post
    You need to save this no one else has done what you did to this motor in this thread.

Build it right the first time and it will last

Well Spoken
    X2
    71 GS 350,.030 over,forged, 2004r ,410 posi,T/A intake, 830 Holley, TA roller cam, rockers, valves, ported heads, balanced, hooker supers with flow 50's thru N-25'S , F41, platnum mist with blk top and interior, pwr seats & windows, cruise. Fun street car.
    Owned it since 1976.
    Roller Cam Vid.........https://youtu.be/XOOTINTA1DA