Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great event but........

Default Great event but........

.....................no SEMI-FINAL money in Quick 16?????? Other similar Buick events even pay quarter final money. Some pay the Q16 qualifiers. Come on we are just trying to retrieve some gas money!!! (6 hour tow each way) And we put on the show in effect. If there are no quick cars in Quick 16 the event might as well be turned into a car show/test and tune.

The payout should have been double last year due to the rain out but I'll leave that alone........

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by BQUICK View Post
    .....................no SEMI-FINAL money in Quick 16?????? Other similar Buick events even pay quarter final money. Some pay the Q16 qualifiers. Come on we are just trying to retrieve some gas money!!! (6 hour tow each way) And we put on the show in effect. If there are no quick cars in Quick 16 the event might as well be turned into a car show/test and tune.

The payout should have been double last year due to the rain out but I'll leave that alone........

Bruce
    Hi Bruce.

First of all, we appreciate your support for the BPG by being both a current member and attending the event in Columbus. THANK YOU.

I understand your concerns about the payouts. The fact of the matter is, we only increased the payouts a percentage from last year because we can't afford it. We cannot payout money we do not have. It still was one of the highest, if not THE highest, payouts for a Buick event. Am I wrong or off-base? Please let me know.

Regarding semi-final money, we would need to decrease other payouts. We as members could vote.

The ways I see to even sustain the payouts from last year are to increase membership, increase gate attendance, increase event fees, and to find a less expensive track that would be 'well-attended'.

Please help us with your ideas - THIS IS YOUR CLUB.

I'll also add the concours show class cars currently also trailer hundreds of miles for a trophy with no money available to win.

That's not good either. If the trend continues, we will have NO top-quality show cars in attendance. Just as people spectate for the races, we also have people restoring cars that came to the gate specifically to see these 'high-level' cars.

We need to find a good solution that everyone, or at least the majority, can agree to.

This is our club and we all need to do our part to keep it going. We should be having elections soon, and you can feel free to throw your hat in the ring as race director.

Marco,
    Thank you and all the many other volunteers / organizers for all the effort put forth to make this event possible. I know how much work and prep it takes to put on an event, and I think you guys did well!

Thanks again!
    QuadraJetParts.com
    www.QuadrajetParts.com
    Check web site for Carburetor Rebuild Kits & Parts for Rochester, Carter & Ford Motorcraft

Bruce
    I know one year at the GSCA Nats that they didn't pay the winner anything.
    Jim Rock

I will echo Maco's sentiments as far as payouts: we raised them to what we felt was within reason.

Yes there are some areas where the event can be improved and that is where the membership body needs to be involved. We will be soliciting ideas for '09 and beyond. There are a few ideas ebing spitballed already but we do want any and all input or suggestions. Our goal is to have people WANT to be involved and continue to support the club through memberships and participation.

There will be an anouncement about elections no later than Sept 1, when the nominations process will begin so please stay tuned for that as well.

And lastly, but perhaps most importantly;Thank you to everyone who attended this years' event.
    "There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again."

(Clint Eastwood)

Kevin
    86 T-Type WH1 (cursed!)
    72 GS350 (wasting away)
    Skylark/GS convert (maybe NEXT year!)

Great event but........

REDLIGHT BLUES ?
    MOON'
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    * 72 GS Stage1 Numbers matching Survivor
    * 2 - 87 "GRAND NATIONALS" Most Optioned (SOLD) and GrandNasty
    * 1969 Electra 225 Custom--"RED on RED CONVERTIBLE"--Numbers matching California Survivor
    * 1970 Electra 225 Custom--AquaMist--Numbers matching Survivor--(SOLD) !!!

--------The Deuce Before Biggest Red---------

Not me.......I fell asleep waiting for my opponent to stage.
    Last edited by BQUICK; 08-04-2008 at 02:37 PM.

I think there should be a payout for the person who makes the biggest a-hole out of himself while drunk off his ass.
    Freakin' Yardley
    1969 Riviera GS clone
    Stage1 462
    12.76@106MPH!!!

Editor - BPG Build Sheet

2008 BPG Nationals BCO Race Champion!

http://www.1badriv.com

jeff@the-comp-doc.com

Poon ain't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardley View Post
    I think there should be a payout for the person who makes the biggest a-hole out of himself.
    Yeah, but how many people are you going to take out to dinner for $1?

Yards, you didn't do too bad for yourself payout wise. Did you spend it all on booze????

Yards, you didn't do too bad for yourself payout wise. Did you spend it all on booze????
    He took all his friends out for dinner - a class act and not the first time it's happened. I'm just sorry I couldn't join them as I had to stay at the track (and I was invited ).

...just don't load him up with gin

Cool, that's what we usually do. The money winner takes the losers out to dinner, except this time we were all losers.
    At least Rick Miller kept all the parts on the right side of the oil pan.....except for oil.

I also believe he and Bill Wills agreed a split of the money for the finals, with $50 more to the winner.

The small-block class finalists did the same

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    He took all his friends out for dinner - a class act and not the first time it's happened.
    I never wanted to be Yardleys friend until I found out he sprung for dinner, now we're best friends. Woooooo-Hooooooo.

I love to see everyone turn around and look when we walk in with this fashion plate..........

MOON'
    * 72 GS Stage1 Numbers matching Survivor
    * 2 - 87 "GRAND NATIONALS" Most Optioned (SOLD) and GrandNasty
    * 1969 Electra 225 Custom--"RED on RED CONVERTIBLE"--Numbers matching California Survivor
    * 1970 Electra 225 Custom--AquaMist--Numbers matching Survivor--(SOLD) !!!

--------The Deuce Before Biggest Red---------