• Qualifying ET is 11.99 or quicker for the POINT SERIES ONLY!
• Heads-up, 4-tenths Pro tree start and Pro ladder (1vs.16, 2 vs.15, etc.)
• All safety rules are dictated by track personnel.
• All participants are subject to re-weigh and re-tech immediately after final round or at any other time and must pass weight check during qualifying and eliminations. A courtesy weigh-in is available during class tech inspection.
• Any entrant caught trying to deliberately break the rules will be disqualified from the TSM class and/or the point series for the remainder of the season if registered.
• To compete in this class the car must be Factory Stock Appearing with the following exceptions and/or clarifications:
Definition of "Factory Stock Appearing" (FSA)
A factory stock appearing part is a GM part originally delivered on a 1981 to 1987 Buick Regal, GNX, Grand National, T-Type or Turbo Regal from Buick Motor Division and is externally stock in appearance. No external welding, cold weld epoxy, puttying, etc. may be done on any FSA part unless specifically stated.
* • Seat belts, lights, horn, and windshield wipers must be operational.
• Minimum car weight w/driver must be at least 3,400 pounds with GM casted iron heads and 3,550 with Aftermarket or alum. heads.
• Complete stock, painted TR/GN body required.
• Aftermarket fiberglass body parts are limited to bumpers, hood, air dams and filler panels.
• Stock operating glass windows and windshield required. No lexan.
• Engine/firewall must be in stock location.
• Stock wheelbase required (108.0" measured).
• FSA inner front wheel wells required. Trimming allowed for downpipe clearance.
• FSA front suspension components and mounting locations required w/any type stock location shocks. Tubular front A-Arms allowed.
• Factory stock rear suspension locations required w/any type stock location shocks.
• Any suspension stabilizer/reinforcement bars or traction enhancing devices are allowed. No ladder bars, wheelie bars, or coil over equipped rear suspensions.
• Swaybars may be removed.
• No ladder bars or coil over equipped rear suspensions.
• No quarter panel modifications except rolled inner lip.
• Minor modifications to stock rear wheel wells (no mini-tubs).
• Outer frame rail notching allowed. Inner frame rails remain stock.
• Parachutes allowed if required for speeds attained.
• Brake system may be power assisted or manual.
• Brake system line locks allowed.
• A maximum of two (2) external gauges allowed.
• Driver's name and club decal on side/quarter windows allowed. Two (2) Sponsor/vendor decals up to one-half square foot in size are acceptable
* • Buick V6 production block casting (generally the 25526109 block, although, older non-Stage blocks allowed). Must be less than 250CID.
• Any valve covers and oil pan allowed.
• Buick V6 iron or aluminum cylinder heads.
• Aftermarket or Aluminum cylinder heads allowed with 150 pound added weight penalty.
• No Stage 2 heads.
• No dry sump-oiling systems allowed.
• Factory stock intake manifold required. No external welding allowed except for EGR block-off plate and/or repairs. Porting allowed.
• No modifications such as welding, cold weld epoxy, puttying, etc. may be done on any portion of the intake manifold runners to increase manifold air flow are allowed.
• No aftermarket cast aluminum or sheet metal intake manifolds of any kind allowed.
• Any cast aluminum intake plenum allowed.
• Single modified stock or aftermarket throttle body up to 70mm allowed. Single throttle plate only.
• Any type stock location exhaust headers are allowed. Welded in EGT gauge probe bungs are allowed.
• Any single or dual exhaust system allowed. Must muffle and exit in stock location. 3.5" max size, including downpipe - measured 4.0" from the flange. Downpipe must be routed down through the stock location, no flex pipe allowed.
* • Single 3-bolt turbo only.
• Maximum size compressor wheel inducer size is less than 71mm. Inlet bore cannot exceed 71.5mm to allow for machining tolerances. Maximum compressor wheel exducer size is less than 103mm.
• No sleeves, welding or cold weld epoxy on any exterior surface of the turbo compressor housing to allow a larger than “70mm” compressor wheel to be installed is allowed.
• One of the following turbine exhaust housings is allowed: A Garrett P/N's 430832-4 and 430832-5, PT&E P/N's THB376, THB380, THB576 and THB580, Turbonetics P/N's 20240-63 and 30340-82 3 bolt turbine housings that were available November 1 of the previous year. The FSA turbine exhaust-to-downpipe flange connection must be used.
• Any air intake to turbo allowed.
• Any wastegate configuration acceptable, external wastegate(s) must be plumbed back into the exhaust system, no external dumps allowed.
• CO2 allowed for wastegate actuator.
* • Any stock location or front mount air to air intercooler is allowed. No part of a stock location intercooler (not the shroud) may extend down more than 11.5” below the centerline of the crankshaft. A front mount intercooler, except for the piping, may not extend down below the bottom of the stock located radiator support.
• No liquid intercoolers, intercooler external spray cooling, or add-on cold boxes allowed.
Engine Management & Fuel System
* • Stock, modified stock ECM or aftermarket fuel management systems allowed.
• Stock (Type I) or Type II DIS or Distributor allowed.
• MAF optional.
• Thumbwheel chips allowed.
• No Delay boxes, Throttle stops or crossover boxes allowed. Throttle blade must be foot operated.
• Any air induction system allowed.
• Any fuel pump(s) configuration/location allowed.
• Voltage increasing and fuel pump hot wiring devices are allowed.
• Any fuel lines allowed.
• Aftermarket fuel rail(s) allowed.
• Any type fuel pressure regulator allowed.
• Any fuel injectors allowed.
• Factory stock fuel tank w/sump addition is allowed. Fuel cells allowed.
• Gasoline fuel only, no additives, alcohol, or nitrous oxide injection allowed.
* • A/C and heating equipment may be removed.
• Power steering operational w/belt in stock location.
• Stock alternator operational w/belt in stock location. Relocation brackets allowed as long as alternator is still on driver's side, front of engine.
• Stock water pump operational w/belt in stock location.
• All engine accessories must be driven off the same belt.
• Any engine compartment dress up allowed, subject to requirements noted in these rules.
• Battery may be in any location. Only one battery allowed.
• Any stock type/location electric engine cooling fan(s) allowed.
• Any stock or replacement radiator in stock location allowed.
* • Any GM automatic transmission allowed. (TH200-4R, TH400, etc.)
• Any size torque converter allowed.
• Any transmission oil cooler and pan allowed.
• Transmission brake allowed.
• No aftermarket automated shift actuation of shift lever, linkage or linkage components. Linkage must be manually shifted.
* • FSA GM differential housing, a Dana-60 style or the 9" Ford style differential housing required.
• Limited slip differential or spool allowed with any gear ratio.
• FSA or aftermarket differential cover allowed.
Tires & Wheels
* • Any matched set of four (4), 15” diameter chrome steel or aluminum wheels allowed.
• Rear drag slicks w/sidewall designation up to and including 29.5” x 10.5” - 15”. No "W" tires allowed. Rear DOT street tires w/sidewall designation up to and including a 29.5” x 12.5” - 15” size tires are allowed. Rear tire footprint when installed on a rim and mounted on the car can not exceed a maximum of 10.6" in width at 10 psig checking pressure. Tires may not be shaved at the tread edge to meet the 10.6" maximum tread width rule.
• Front tire footprint must be at least 3.5" wide.
* • Full FSA interior required.
• Race seats allowed only if seats are attached to rear crossbar of roll bar/cage and seats are painted or upholstered to match factory interior.
• Any transmission shifter allowed. Linkage must be moved manually.
• Any additional aftermarket gauges allowed
• Roll Bar/Cage and Window nets allowed.
these are from 2008 in addition to these these changes were made for 2009
Manual Steering - PASSED with 10 affirmative votes (meaning the power steering pump and steering 'gear' box can be removed and replaced with a manual steering box - such as the unit found on certain S-10 trucks)
Aftermarket cast intakes - PASSED with 9 affirmative votes (including the Champion and BGC cast aluminum pieces)
The Buick Performance Group have nothing to do with making these rules they are posted as a resource for those that may wish to attend any rule questions should be directed to http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tsm-rules-regulations/