Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attn: All Bpg Car Show Participants!!

I agree with you Duane,but what about what is done in BG? From what I have always done is keep out of the groove when going down the track with our cars. That's what I've always been told to do.

Of course,I do realize it is also a safety factor since some of the car show participants would not be wearing helmets.
    Carl Rychlik Assistant Show Director
    BPG #1064 GSCA #2090 BCA#23261 AACA#771155
    1970 GS Stage 1(BCA Gold Senior 2005,BCA Gold Senior Preservation 2011,Hemmings Muscle Machine Of The Year-2006,AACA First Junior and Senior 2010,GSCA Best Of Show 2011)
    1987 GN Original owner
    2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Carl,
    I don't care what they do in BG, that is between the GSCA, it's members, and the track personnel.

We are talking about our event, and while we were setting everything up more then a few racers came up to me, asked if we were planning to run the cars down the track, and voiced their opinions against it. If our racing members are against it, and we have the ability not to do it (which we do because of the access road) then why not follow their wishes and make everyone happy. It sounds like a no-brainer to me.

I know at least 1 or 2 car show people asked to go down the track but were any of them even looked at by the tech people?
    Duane

There was that original 'X' owner who wanted to go down the track with his buddies in the car.

I don't believe he went through tech.

I guess I don't see the point of having show winners drive down the 1/4. They are show winners, not race cars, usually. Enter a bracket race if you want to be on the track too. jmvho, no offense intended.
    David G

EX: 1968 GS350
    EX: 1998 Riviera (DD)

Street tires kill the prep on the track! That would be why most of our racers don't want the car show cars going down the track. I, personally, don't think they should be allowed for the simple reason that most have not been teched. Each and every car that goes down the track needs to go through tech. I had to make sure that all cars in the charity race were teched as well before any of them went down, track requirement and safety/insurance reasons.
    Renee Moore

Duane,I just wanted to make this clear to the people in the show that we keep the track surface clean for the racers. I have no problem running the show cars down the return road.
    1970 GS Stage 1(BCA Gold Senior 2005,BCA Gold Senior Preservation 2011,Hemmings Muscle Machine Of The Year-2006,AACA First Junior and Senior 2010,GSCA Best Of Show 2011)
    1987 GN Original owner

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Rychlik View Post
    Duane,I just wanted to make this clear to the people in the show that we keep the track surface clean for the racers. I have no problem running the show cars down the return road.
    Don't BCO cars run street tires?

How about running the BCO class after the car show awards - that way the people with the show cars can run them?

I agree they all need to the tech'd

Carl will be "the man" that is running the car show next year, so whatever he says is fine by me.

I just have two things to say, the first is if someone wants to rip one down the track then it should be discussed with the track personel first to see what their requirements are, and secondly whoever decides to OK this can talk to the racers.

All is well with me.
    Duane

Just to answer...most of the BCO cars run slicks or some type of drag radial.
    Renee Moore

I will have to talk to the track officials to see if this is possible.
    1987 GN Original owner

Ever since I started driving I've always keep a fire extinguisher in my trunk. In 40 years I've only used it twice, once to put out a small fire in a store and the other to help a stranded motorist. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    Steve Perry
    '86 455 Regal
    11.90@114